[hr]
0.15 mg/L
Trates

[hr]
30 mg/L
pH

[hr]
are these ok?.....
what can i do to fix other than water changes?
what are good readings for a 10G reef???

mopar9012

Ammonia, trites, and trates i would try to get to zero. Is your tank just coming out of a cycle? You might want to do a water change but test that water first and make sure that the was has zero ammonia, trites and trates.

mrdc

Are you doing reef or fish only? Ammonia should be 0 and if it's fish only, a little trates won't hurt but I would still feel better having them at 0. Just remember, a 10g tank will require more water changes since there isn't much water volume to dilute the bad stuff.

mrdc

That's something I forgot to consider. How long has the tank been setup? If it's a new tank, you are probably still cycling.

alyssia

Originally Posted by joojoo
you are still cycling. dont do water changes until NH3 and NO2 reach zero

I agree with joojoo

sam516

I have had the tank since January--about 5 months
and got bad info from the LFS about stocking and etc
and anyway....i had a tang in there for a while (another LFS debacle)
and i had TONS of brown algae so i did a giant water change and physically cleaned the tank.
then got some advice from this site, got a lot of LR and got rid of the tang and etc
and a week later this is my levels....so i am not cycling but you think they will go back down after a while or should I do 20% water changes everyweek for a while....
what should i do?
i have had a clown that has been in there since day 1 (i know bad idea) and hes doing fine
any suggestions???

sam516

here are some pics of the tank before and after:
oh and i got some zoos last week when i cleaned the tank (i am a very impatient person)

wattsupdoc

You are p[robably experiencing a mini cycle from the addition of the LR. You may even be doing a complete cycle. Depending on how much you cleaned the tank. I hope you mean you just wiped it down? Gotta get those numbers to zero. If it hasn't been more than 3 or 4 weeks you need to just wait it out.
Watch the numbers and see if the ammo and trite are dropping, you're getting close.

Just noticed it has only been a week! Gonna have to work on that patience thing. It'll come!
Zoos might not survive though.