stay anemone stay

c_bell

I just purchased a long tenical bulb anemone. I acclimited him and then put him on a rock in the center of the tank. Well when i came home later that night he moved behind the rock, I moved him back on the rock and fed him. The nxt day he moved out of sight once again behind the rock so I left him alone. My question is how do you get an anemone to stay in one place? Is ok ok for them to sit on the sand? This is my first attemp at having these in my aquarium and i purchased him for my percula clowns be he won't stay put. :confused:

saltyrich

He won't stay. Some people suggest that you can put them in a large clam shell or even let them attatch their base in a section of pvc pipe, which can them be obscured. Good luck.

jumpfrog

As a mobile animal anemones will move to a place where they feel comfortable. If yours keeps moving from where you want you could try changing things which affect that spot. IE, amount of light, current, other animals.
Just a thought.
Good Luck!

carrie1429

My anemone did the same thing, I would put it in a spot in the tank where it got the most light and then it kept moving behind the rocks :rolleyes: You can't really just make them stay in one spot, they'll move around the tank until they find a spot they like, course I'm not sure why they would want to go "behind" the rocks, never figured that out.

c_bell

Carrie I read in another post that you had a pair of false percs, did they host out of your anemone? If so how long did it take?

carrie1429

The anemone I had was a white tip sebea anemone and my two false percs that I have now never even looked at it. But I had another anemone (same kind) and my false percs I used to have loved it, they went in the anemone right away. I guess some clowns just don't like anemones or only like certain kinds.:confused:

donkeykong

tanked raised clowns have never seen an anenome so may never pair with it. At least that is what I have read

c_bell

The 2 percs that i have bought are tanked raised and it makes since that they may not ever pair with the anemone. I hope the will when he settles down. :rolleyes

beau24

pherhaps it moved around the back because the current was pushing all the excess food around . try placing it were u wont it and changing the current so it brushes just past it . it should hopefully like that. :)

c_bell

I tried to put him front of the rocks last night and his lil butt sqeezed through a small opening between two rocks and went back to the same place :confused:. Theres not much lighting back there and I can't figure out why he wants back there so bad. As for the current i have two power-sweeps and they rotate back and forth. Well I will leave him there for now and let things settle down a bit hopefully he will want to be more socialable in the future.