sting rays

walleye

has anyone ever had a pair of sting rays breed in there tank. i have apair that stay real close to each other. i know there breeding season is coming up. so if anyone knows anything let me know. thanks

jr2857

i know it's possible cause if you do a search on google for yellow stingray find a pic with 3 rays 1 big 2 small and a few people it tells you that they have bred yellow stingrays

walleye

i have cal rays. from what i have read they breed in dec and it takes 3 months for the young to be born,

sharkguy22

Cali rays mate in late winter and spring time. It would be best to have a single male with 2 or more females. In mating season males look for any mature females to mate with so their is no pairs. Birth is sevral months after mating. Im going to get 2 females in about a week for my male cali. Good luck

sharkguy22

Males have 2 claspers. There located by the anal fins by the tail. Heres and old pic of a male of mine. Its easy to tell when known how.

sharkguy22

I looked at the thread where you posted the pics and the ray on the glass is a female. How many rays do you got?

mitzel

Originally Posted by sharkguy22
Males have 2 claspers. There located by the anal fins by the tail. Heres and old pic of a male of mine. Its easy to tell when known how.
This is a family forum keep it clean.

psusocr1

you guys like the cali or the cortez better?? im orderin in 2 weeks and cant decide, also what are their tankmates?? which one is more aggressive and more active??

walleye

well i have a yellow tang and a clown fish and a coral angle with mine. the cal swims alot more then the cortz until feeding time and both are all over the place.

mitzel

HE was Im'ing me about it being sick and floating upside down on the bottom. But he didn't want to say anything because he doesn't want to get flammed