Sting Rays

atlantis

I am wondering what size tank is needed to house a ray, what is/not compatible with them, and what to feed. Any information would be appreciated.

i<3fish

I know that they need at least 180g+. I think that they are compatible with most if not all fish. You might want to post this in the Aggressive forums. You will get more answers. HTH!

tang lover

It is a blue dot stingray. And it should have a tank of atleast 150 gallons.You should have sand as the substrate. And no live rock. And you could feed it squid or live feeder shrimp. But it should only kept by experienced aquariests.

connor

Originally Posted by Tang Lover
It is a blue dot stingray. And it should have a tank of atleast 150 gallons.You should have sand as the substrate. And no live rock. And you could feed it squid or live feeder shrimp. But it should only kept by experienced aquariests.
WHAT!!!!! he ahould have live rock for bio-filtration, just not too much , i dont reccomened this ray way to diffucult i suggest a cali ray there much more hardy! i would not put them in any thing less than a 180