STINGRAYS

pancho

WANNA INVEST IN SOME STINGRAYS BUT NOT SURE WHAT IS BEST CC OR LS ALSO HOW DO I FEED THEM AND WHAT. GONNA RESEARCH IT MORE BUT WOULD LIKE OPINIONS OF PEOPLE WITH 1ST HAND KNOWLEDGE SO IF U HAVE THAT PLEASE HELP ME THANKS OH YEAH THE TANK SIZE WILL BE A 200 GALLON ALSO DO YOU HAVE TO USE A UNDERGRAVEL FILTER FOR LS IS IT BETTER TO USE A UNDERGRAVEL FILTER WITH LS OR NOT.
Edited by Wamp:
I WANT TO INVEST IN SOME STINGRAYS BUT NOT SURE IN THIER EATING HABBITS OR HOW TO FEED THEM. I WAS ALSO WICH IS BETTER FOR THEM CC OR LS. IF ANYONE HAS PERSONAL EXSPERIANCE IN THIS MATTER I CAN USE YOUR HELP.
1( BLUE DOT STING RAY
2( MANTIS
3(AUSTRALIAN GUITAR RAY

grouperhead

CC will scratch their bellies up and lead to infection. Rays need huge tanks with a dsb. They are not for beginners, and can be a problem even for the most experienced aquariasts. I am going to take this over to the agressive forum, you'll get more feedback there. Bo
ps, Please don't type in all caps. Not only is it annoying, but in internet lingo, it implies you are yelling.

wamp

I put both your posts on one post so that way you would not have 2 open threads in the same forum. Might get more help this way..
Maybe one day I will get an aggresive setup :D

jim27

You could keep a ray in a 200 gallon, not with a leopard shark though. The tank would be even more overcrowded than it already is. I'd recommend the yellow stingray(I've had one, they're easy to keep) or cortez round ray. They need about 2 inches of ls, definetly not cc. No UGF, they are considered obsolite now-a-days. Get a good skimmer and wet/dry. My ray ate the same food as my shark. It also ate from a feeding stick like my shark.

pancho

ok you guys convinced me yellow sting rays it is will call the store and put my order in don't worry the tank as already been running for 12 years but i will put the sand in later on tonight and wait the six weeks for it to get ready well thats another log i gotta start well thanks guys and don't worry the sharks are now with my dad and his new 1000 gallon custom made tank

grouperhead

Pancho, thanks for taking off the all caps. Now if we could just work on using punctuatuion :D . I'm glad to hear you are taking it slow and doing it the right way. Maybe I missed it, but what size is your tank? Bo

jim27

Originally posted by PANCHO:
<strong>OH YEAH THE TANK SIZE WILL BE A 200 GALLON
</strong><hr></blockquote>