stinkin' cloudy glass!

jcarroll

Is there a way to clean off buildup from a setup aquarium? I have tried razors, scrubbing, scratching, and nothing is getting off these cloudy marks. It makes the tank look dirty compared to my other tank that's spotless! Is there a way I can use that tank cleaner without hurting my two eels?

mrjedi21

I have seen many of your post concerning this new used tank you received. You are having some serious problems with the tank and the eels. We have no idea what the system looked like when you picked it up or the quality of the water. You stated in your previous post that you just transfered the water from pick up to setup.
Personally I would just take your eels to a LFS and have them hold them for awhile in order to completely redo your tank and get all of the stuff that is wrong with it fixed.
It is really disheartening to read about the long stringy things covering your eels and you are too scared to get them out. Please buy or borrow a large net from a LFS to get them out and save them.
After that them clean your tank completely and that includes using vinegar on the glass to get the salt (white deposits) off the glass and any algea that has possibly or probably built up on the sand, rock, glass.

mrjedi21

Unfortunately with all your post you have yet to post pictures of the eels or the tank. Pictures are worth a 1000 words and can really help people fix your problems.

T

tizzo

Well, as far as the cloudy glass, have you tried vinegar? Put it on, let it soak, scrub it in and the cloudiness which I'm guessing is calcium, should dissolve away.
But that will only work if the tank is empty. Don't put vinegar in a set up tank.

guzman825

i hav this problem also. but there is alot of fish in the tank already
. so i probably cant do nothing about it.

jcarroll

unfortunately, it's on the inside of the glass.....I'll have to research and see if there's anything I can do possibly during a water change or something.
Things are going much better with my tank. Eels are cured and there are pictures of them under the aggressive tank forum. Check them out! I am going to try to post a video of the tesselatta eating, it's really cool to watch! He's a happy fella now!