Stock Advice

I have a 60g FOWLR, and I'm not sure whether I'm maxed out with fish or not. I have been looking through the message boards lately and some people say that they have an enormous amount of fish in a small system. Anyway, I have a Flame Angel, Scopas Tang, Lunare Wrasse, and 3 damsels in my tank. I am interested in perhaps a Long-nosed Butterfly and/or a Rectangle Trigger. Should I try to get one, or both, or just stick where I am? Any advice would be appreciated, thanks.

U

usirchchris

I personally would stop there...your tang is going to get a bit big for that size tank...butterflies can be difficult (and that particular one too big), and the trigger would definately get too big for that tank.

srfisher17

I tend to be on the side that stocks on the heavier side. IMO, Costanza is right on these two fish. A yellow longnose is one of the easier butterflies, even though they look delicate, but needs more room. A trigger is one of the last fish, IMO, to put in a heavily stocked tank. Less room=more aggression. A large clownfish, like a maroon or tomato might do well. (There are some spectacular tomato clowns from Australia on the market now, called Australian Clowns on one site.)