reefr23

25g fish only tank
2 clowns
1 niger trigger
1 bicolor angel
1 neon velvet damsel
1 snowflake eel
1 lemon peel angel
if this wont work with all of them, that can i put together out of these fish? i want to get the clowns and the trigger for sure.

mboswell1982

reefr, im not going to be mean here, but, have you done any research at all onthe fish you want to keep?
the trigger, 75g minimum tank size, easily, the bicolor and the lemon peel, 50g minimum, easy, an if you want both of em, look at 100g easily, the SFE, snowflake eel, 75g tank, easy, and the damsel, damsel's are very aggressive, dont get a damsel with the clowns.

reefr23

i went to *****.com and all those fish were at least a minimulm of 30gallons. i also read that the niger trigger isnt as aggresive as all the other ones. i know ppl that have clown fish and a niger trigger in a 38 and they do just fine.

mboswell1982

ok, dude, never, EVER believe what ***** tells you about fish, ok? they have what is without a doubt the WORST track record as a whole when it comes to saltwater fish keeping in the entire hobby world. now, here's the info on the fish you want to keep.
Niger Triggerfish
(Odonus niger)
QUICK STATS
Minimum Tank Size: 70 gallons
Care Level: Easy
Temperament: Aggressive
Reef Compatible: No
Water Conditions: 72-78° F, dKH 8-12, sg 1.020-1.025, pH 8.1-8.4
Max. Size: 1'

Color Form: Blue, Green, Purple
Diet: Carnivore
Origin: Fiji, Tahiti
Family: Balistidae
Bicolor Angelfish
(Centropyge bicolor)
QUICK STATS
Minimum Tank Size: 50 gallons
Care Level: Moderate
Temperament: Semi-aggressive
Reef Compatible: With Caution
Max. Size: 6"

Color Form: Blue, Yellow
Diet: Omnivore
Origin: Fiji, New Caledonia, Papua New Guinea
Family: Pomacanthidae
Snowflake Eel
(Echidna nebulosa)
QUICK STATS
Minimum Tank Size: 75 gallons
Care Level: Easy
Max. Size: 2'

Color Form: Black, Tan, White
Diet: Carnivore
Origin: Indo-Pacific, Vanuatu
Family: Muraenidae
Lemonpeel Angelfish
(Centropyge flavissimus)
QUICK STATS
Minimum Tank Size: 50 gallons
Care Level: Moderate
Water Conditions: 72-78° F, sg 1.021-1.025, dKH 8-12, pH 8.1-8.4
Max. Size: 6"

Color Form: Yellow
Diet: Omnivore
Compatibility: View Chart
Origin: Fiji, Vanuatu
Family: Pomacanthidae
as you can see, your wanting to put fish that get between 6" and 24" long in a tank thats only 24" long, it just doesnt work, you can do 4 fish, with the filtration your using, and the max size should be no more than 4"

mboswell1982

and whoever tells you that you can keep a niger trigger and a snowflake eel in a 30 gallon tank needs to be SHOT

aquaknight

Alright, I'll tag the pink elephant in the room....
Originally Posted by reefr23
http:///forum/post/2877908
I have a 25g
fish only tank

Originally Posted by reefr23

http:///forum/post/2877927
i went to *****.com and all those fish were at least a minimulm of 30gallons

Lol, even if a 30gal is way undersized, which it is, you still only have a 25gal.
However it's great that your doing the research first and not the other way around and buying fish first, then figuring everything out.
I sort of disagree with some of those sizes of the Niger and the SFE. Snowflakes tend to get closer to 30" in captivity, and the Niger gets well over a foot. Max size on him is around 18" and I would expect one to reach around 15" in a properly sized aquarium.

aquaknight

Easy guys. If we'd had not learned what we know through sites like SWF, I don't think any of us would have had a problem keeping that original stocklist in a 25gal...

rotarymagic

I lol'd at fish only 25gallon.. is that really even possible?
Say he did buy all those fish.. it'd turn nasty quick...hahaha.
BTW: why is this in reef tanks?

nanomantis

Originally Posted by Rotarymagic
http:///forum/post/2878008
I lol'd at fish only 25gallon.. is that really even possible?
Say he did buy all those fish.. it'd turn nasty quick...hahaha.
BTW: why is this in reef tanks?
Cause I love niger triggers in reef tanks.

-tara33-

WOW, at least you have come and asked about this stock list before you went and did it, well by other posts we know what you cant do, now we can focus on what you can do with your tank, 25g you could do a nice pair of clowns and a really nice royal gramma or maby a shrimp/goby pair, blenny, cardinals so many choices for a small tank, but even better do a mini reef, lots of softies and lps, itll look great, but if you reealllly want the niger then a much larger tank is needed

-tara33-

imagine if he got it anyway, ive got a 250g and i wouldnt put a niger in there, there way to active and huge, well i do have a large fish in there but hes really dosile and swims slowly!