stockin for a 180

dave_15

hey im setting up a 180 gallon tank. anyone that has ideas of how i can stock it please put them down. i was thinkin more of an agressive tank (ex. morays, sharks, lion fish...) thx pictures would be nice :happyfish

lion_crazz

Maybe some eels and lions, but leave the sharks out. That is not a big enough tank for sharks. You could still do morays, a lion o 2, a puffer, maybe a nice large wrasse like a tusk, etc.

dave_15

what about a stingray would i be able to keep one or two? :happyfish what about the eel...what kind of eel can i keep there and how many?

mimzy

people, I hate to make you do WORK and everything...but this information could EASILY be had by doing a few smple searches on this site, as well as researching information on the individual species in which you are interested.
Google is our friend. :joy:
There is a LOT of learning to be done to make it in this hobby - you'll do better by leaps and bounds in the long run if you start taking advantage of your resources now.

cougar

If the tank is a 7ft tank I would suggest a large angel. My personal fav, and once acclimated would really be able to be in the tank with just about anything else.

dave_15

well first i would want some ideas of how to stock it. if i would find a good stocking plan then i would research each specie individually. I always research before i get anything.

dougai

since no one else gave any stocking plans i guess i will try to help...
id go with
150-200 lbs of lr
i prefer cc over ls but many dont
a big snowflake eel
volitan lion fish
yellow belly dog face puffer
a big angel (queen, emperor, etc..)
spanish hogfish
panther grouper
i could be way off on this list
im still trying to plan out my future tank
i plan on about a 150g in a few months

mumbulog

I have a 125 with a mix of an
V lion
panther grouper
dogface puffer
gold stripe maroon clown
yellow tang
hippo tang
So I guess just be creative and add what you like within reason and try different things!

cartman101

Originally Posted by DAVE_15
what about a stingray would i be able to keep one or two? :happyfish what about the eel...what kind of eel can i keep there and how many?
yup, but only one

hot883

Originally Posted by Mimzy
people, I hate to make you do WORK and everything...but this information could EASILY be had by doing a few smple searches on this site, as well as researching information on the individual species in which you are interested.
Google is our friend. :joy:
There is a LOT of learning to be done to make it in this hobby - you'll do better by leaps and bounds in the long run if you start taking advantage of your resources now.

Is Wimzy Mimzy sleepy weepy. No wise crackin jokeey Mimz

fallinmor

volitan lion
a california ray cuz they stay small
medium sized eels
box fish (people say no cuz they r hard fish but not realy just when they get harrased they produce toxins from their skin, just needs more watching)
porcupine fish r good
yellow tangs r great very pretty and great algea eaters
maybe a french angel but i'm not sure

cartman101

well your cali ray needs cold water so why not go with a yellow spotted ray? A puffer will kill the ray and i think angels will pick at the eyes of rays too

dougai

Originally Posted by fallinmor
volitan lion
a california ray cuz they stay small
medium sized eels
box fish (people say no cuz they r hard fish but not realy just when they get harrased they produce toxins from their skin, just needs more watching)

porcupine fish r good
yellow tangs r great very pretty and great algea eaters
maybe a french angel but i'm not sure

yah they release toxins....THAT KILL ALL YOUR FISH

bad idea IMO