Stocking a 29 gallon biocube???

eveningstar15

I have a coralife 29 gallon biocube. Coralife protein skimmer, heater, 20lbs base rock, 10lbs live rock, 2" live sb, intank media basket with filter floss, purigen, chemi pure elite. Right now I have 5 astrea snails, 5 dwarf ceriths, 5 dwarf blue legged crabs, and a porcelain crab. As for fish I have a yellow rose goby/candy stripe pistol shrimp and a yellow clown goby. I am wanting to get another small fish (max size 2in). I want something that is active and not going to hide all the time. Anyone have any suggestions?? In the future I would like to add 2 false clowns. Are clowns more aggressive if there is two of them. Would that be too many fish? Would it be better to just get one false clown??

clink51

HEY!

You and I sir/madam, are in the very same boat. My 29g regular is about a week away from beginning its cycle. Although yours is cycled and mine isnt, i'm starting to research my fish. Maybe we'd be able to compare notes. anywayyyyy... how about these guys:
Yellowtail Blue Damsel or a Red Fin Fairy Wrasse they don't get big (about 3 inches) and are considered reef safe and not aggressive (semi aggressive maybe)

eveningstar15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clink51 http:///t/396263/stocking-a-29-gallon-biocube#post_3530712
HEY!

You and I sir/madam, are in the very same boat. My 29g regular is about a week away from beginning its cycle. Although yours is cycled and mine isnt, i'm starting to research my fish. Maybe we'd be able to compare notes. anywayyyyy... how about these guys:
Yellowtail Blue Damsel or a Red Fin Fairy Wrasse they don't get big (about 3 inches) and are considered reef safe and not aggressive (semi aggressive maybe)

I heard the damsel can be aggressive and territorial. i am looking for more peaceful inhabitants. As for wrasse's, I was maybe thinking about the White Banded Possum Wrasse or the Tanaka's Pygmy Wrasse.

O

osprey440

A fish that I really like are firefish. Not active swimmers but fun to watch and very peaceful. Blue Chromis are also a great fish, very active. They add a lot of flash to a tank.

clink51

Unfortunatly Blue Chromis seem too look like more fun in a large tank and as a school (10+)... in a 29g like i have, i think its best to keep only 1

esee

Blue chromis swim very fast. I add one into my 35 gallon tank and I feel she dont Hv enough swim space. I keep a pair for clarkii.

mersam935

You could get two occelaris clownfish, they are very hardy and colorful and don't hide (at least not in my tank)

bio-cube-fish

Ya, I have a bio cube 29 and I have two percula clownfish and three green chromis along with my cleaner crew, tank has been going for several months and nothing bad

joshreef29

any pictures of your tank? I have a biocube29 also, my yellow watchman goby hides ALL THE TIME so I would stay away from those if you want active fish but my clown is always very active. I would suggest maybe a large cleaning crew first because the tank seems to get dirty very quickly.
**If you get clowns try to get them together and already paired. I introduced clowns to my last one & she killed the new fish.
****Watch out for fish that are very small because I have had a small Watchman Goby live in the first compartment of the filter for a week, I got him out but it took hours and was almost impossible so make sure they are adult size or at least large enough to not swim through the slits.

here is my tank :

drewissett

My absolute favorite fish was a sixline wrasse. They have a ton of personality and are incredibly active. Mine always cruised back and fourth around the live rock and was very playful.