stocking list for 210 gal

S

spsaddict

well me and the fiancee are discussing the fish possibilities for the new tank.. its a few months away, but we find ourselves dreaming bout this tank everyday.. so for the past few days we've been looking into many different possibilities.
here are some of the routes were thinking of going. any feedback is welcomed
20 blue green chromis
5 female lyretail anthias
1 male lyretail anthia
2 manderian dragonettes
1 mated pair clowns { skunks or sadlebacks }
or
10 blue green chromis
1 naso tang
1 achilies tang
1 coral beauty
6 bengaii cardnals
1 matted pair of same clowns
2 manderain dragonettes
or
20 blue green chromis
9 female orange spot anthias
1 male orange spot anthia
1 mated pair clowns
2 manderain dragonetts
any feedback welcomed.. i dont see to many issues with this list... thx in advance

robchuck

Those are all interesting stocking lists, but personally, I like a modified version of options 1 and 2. Here's what I would do:
9 or 11 blue green chromis they do best in odd numbers
1 male lyretail anthia
1 naso tang
1 achilies tang
3 bangaii cardinals I would worry about aggression with 6 in one tank
2 manderain dragonettes
I replaced the coral beauty in option 2 with the harem of anthias from option 1, because I would be concerned with it picking at corals and clams

fishfishkc

I like Robs idea, or package #2 minus the coral beauty. I think you would enjoy the tangs and cardinals more then you would enjoy the 20 chromis (plus you will still have 10 chromis anyway with #2)

oscardeuce

I love it!! I am also planning a 210-240. How would you stock? A few of each type at a time, all of one type at a time? What corals would you have. iI plan MH/VHO combo about 1000w
Dreaming about my new tank keeps me going!!

robchuck

Originally posted by Magic_Carp
Rob, why just skunks or sadleback clowns?

Those are the two types of clowns that spsaddict had in his initial post. And plus, those are clowns that you don't see in every tank.

S

spsaddict

Originally posted by RobChuck
Those are the two types of clowns that spsaddict had in his initial post. And plus, those are clowns that you don't see in every tank.

that was my reason for picking them out a more uncommon species.... rob thx for the list the more we look at it the more LOVE IT...

S

spsaddict

cmon people help me out... What would you stock it with if it was your tank

dima96

if i was going to stock a 210. my list would look something like this most of these fish are in my 125:
2 leopard wrasses ( yes i am keeping one)
1 mystery wrasse (if i wasn't moving my pyle's wrasse and i still would have to think about putting both in the same tank.)
1 blonde naso
1 purple tang
1 manderain
1 lawn mower blenny
2 onyx percs
a bunch of clown gobies
a few other random gobies
a 5 to 1 ratio of some sort of anthias(most likely sunburts).
basically i would take all the fish out of my 125 and lose my bangaii (i can't stop them from breeding)

jayc

Originally Posted by RobChuck
Those are all interesting stocking lists, but personally, I like a modified version of options 1 and 2. Here's what I would do:
9 or 11 blue green chromis they do best in odd numbers
1 male lyretail anthia
1 naso tang
1 achilies tang
3 bangaii cardinals I would worry about aggression with 6 in one tank
2 manderain dragonettes
I replaced the coral beauty in option 2 with the harem of anthias from option 1, because I would be concerned with it picking at corals and clams

I like this list!!
-Josh