Stocking New Tank

bwilson

Ok so im going to start stocking my new tank soon and wanted some opinnions! The list is below. As you can see I have two many fish where and or what should I cut? The fish are listed in order of importance. The number is the QTY. (I have a one and two year old so nemo is a must)
4= False Clown
1= Scott’s Fairy Wrasse
1= Carpenter’s Flasher Wrasse (Redfin)
1= Filamented Flasher Wrasse
1= Pacific Blue Tang
1= Indian Ocean Sailfin Tang (Red Sea)
1= YellowTang
2to4= Blackaxil Chromis (Green)
1= Royal Gramma
1= BlackCap Basslet
2= Gobies.
BASIC INFORMATION:
My first Saltwater Tank. (Set up 8/26/05)
150gal Glass Tank
30gal Sump
20Gal Fuge (Not yet installed)
Two T4’s for the return. 1225GPH - 3FT
Aqua C EV-200 (---- Used) with mag 12 pump
Arctica 1/3hp chiller with mag 7 pump.
800W Titanium Heater.
227lbs Live Cured Rock
160lbs Live Sand (about 3 inches)
Lights Hamilton Two VHOs and Three MH 14,000K
Tanks Goals: SPS with safe Fish.
THanks,
BW
Disclamer: Also posted on the Fish Discussion Board.

airforceb2

Cut the chromis. Only get one tang...all listed are nice. Another fish to look into is a mandarin...they are very beautiful fish and you would be able to support it with that much rock and a fuge. Just my opinion.

snipe

I will give info on what I know (the wrasses are another story)
For the clowns 4 clowns would work but I have never heard of 4 of the same species in the same tank as they will pair up forming 2 pair and they might fight. Now getting 2 clowns of one species and 2 of another might work.
For the basslets only 1 would be wanted as 2 will fight.
For the tangs if you research the size they get 2 tangs might work a yellow and something els (that dosnt get to big like a blue hippo your kids know it as dori).
The gobies and chromis look good as well as the chromis will school and not really bother anything and the gobies never really leave there hole.