Stocking tips

grovetsly

Hi guys,
So I've cycled my tank now. It has been cycling for 2.5 mos and there are algae such as diatoms and coraline algae growing on the rocks. I have the cleaner crews in there for the past 3 weeks now. I am planning on stocking it with these fishes. Do you guys think it is a good idea with these?:
Specs. 46 gallon bow front
Protein skimmer
Mechanical filter.
Ph. 8.2
Amonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 0.5
Currently in there.
8 Hermit crabs
12 nerite snails
2 emerald crab
2 britle star fish
I want to stock it with: All as Juvi
2- Percula clown fish male/female
1-watchman goby
1-yellow tang
1-blue surgeon fish
1-orangeshoulder surgeon fish
2-firefish goby
Corals
2-small mushroom corals
1- Trumpet Corals
4-Various
Will this work out?
Thanks!

yosemite sam

You list is fine with the exception of the tang and surgeon fish. A 46 gallon tank is too small for any of them, even when young. Two brittle stars might be overkill, too. Mine is pretty big now, at least 14" from arm tip to arm tip.
What lighting are you planning on getting for the corals?

alix2.0

Originally Posted by Yosemite Sam
You list is fine with the exception of the tang and surgeon fish. A 46 gallon tank is too small for any of them, even when young.

Originally Posted by Yosemite Sam
You list is fine with the exception of the tang and surgeon fish. A 46 gallon tank is too small for any of them, even when young. Two brittle stars might be overkill, too. Mine is pretty big now, at least 14" from arm tip to arm tip.
What lighting are you planning on getting for the corals?
Ditto

grovetsly

Well, I'm using the current lighting that came witht he aquarium. I think it is a 50/50 Watt.
What do you suggest? I'm hesitant about getting the Halide lights. Would a more wattage bulb be sufficient? Meaning replace the bulbs?
Thanks!