Stocking

atlantic

I currently have a 90 gallon aquarium. With a 60 gallon sump. I have not purchased any other items yet.
I am thinking of housing an antennata lionfish, radiata lionfish, snowflake eel and a foxface lo.
Am I overcrowding the tank? Their would lots of water movement. The skimmer would be euro reef and rated for double the size or more for the aquarium. Their would be a refugium with a deep sand bed coupled with caulerpa.
Please let me know what you think!

kwiknezy1

Originally Posted by atlantic
I currently have a 90 gallon aquarium. With a 60 gallon sump. I have not purchased any other items yet.
I am thinking of housing an antennata lionfish, radiata lionfish, snowflake eel and a foxface lo.
Am I overcrowding the tank? Their would lots of water movement. The skimmer would be euro reef and rated for double the size or more for the aquarium. Their would be a refugium with a deep sand bed coupled with caulerpa.
Please let me know what you think!
IMO I would do maybe a combo of 2, 2 lionfish, or 1 lionfish and the Foxface. I would only keep an eel with maybe a lionfish.. as the eels are really aggressive.EEls also need plenty of hiding spaces so rock or something else will be needed, so this will now take up more room in the tank. IMO i would just do 2 lionfish. Also if you do purchase an eel make darn sure the tank is closed off as much as possible ( no gaps ) as eels will find their way outside of the tank. Also Be very careful when feeding the snowflake, i have a friend that was feeding his and the darned thing came almost out of the tank and grabbed ahold of his finger.. Not a pretty sight. actually slightly terrifying.. Needless to say he sold it.