Stocks

jkvjl

What stock do you think is the up and coming money maker?and why? I like ATTI Atari I feel this video game company's shares are very low at 3.33$ when all the other company's are well over 10$. They have great games coming out this year and once the new "DRIVER" game comes out it will shoot up.

purity

i'm too busy to really look into em anymore. with that in mind, i don't really go looking for up & comers but just pour ching into my two fav's since '97: dell & boeing. they've always been loyal to me so much love back.

Originally posted by jkvjl
not at all just a topic I enjoy.

I know . . . I was just givin' ya a hard time. :D

tangman99

FRO - They own oil transport ships. They have been doing great and are paying a $4.50 a share dividend this quarter and already announced the same dividend next quarter. I paid $25.00 a share. "REMOVED AN ERROR".
My opinion only. Do your own research and decide for yourself.

dicemanj

tang
When a stock pays a dividend like FRO did on 3/10, it is not a 20% return when it pays a 3.50 dividend. In reality the price of the stock also drops by 3.50, so overall there is no impact to your total return.
In reality on 3/9 price was 35.25, on 3/10 price was 30.22, plus 3.50 dividend, so on 3/10 the day it paid a dividend the stock realy lost 1.53 per share.
I am not slamming your stock, you paid $25 for it, and it is now at 29.40 as of close today. You are just a little off on the thinking that you are better off when a stock pays a div.
If you paid 25, now it is at 29.40 plus 3.50 div, that is about a 31.6% return, not bad at all.
2daysholdings.com, I have been a member to this site for about 18 months, and it is working.
GOOD LUCK

dicemanj

I wasn't trying to moad anyone. This is why you need to becare who you take stock picks from, even though this was a good pick,

tangman99

Originally posted by dicemanj
I wasn't trying to moad anyone. This is why you need to becare who you take stock picks from, even though this was a good pick,

dicemanj,
I see what you mean. yeah, I goofed up that statement. I saw the drop that day and never put 2 and 2 together. Thanks for making that clear. I have never invested in stocks for dividends so the .02 and .04 dividends I've gotten on my stocks before never made a blip on the chart for the day it paid. DUH! :notsure:
I am by no means an expert, but do pretty well. That is why I said do the research for yourself.
I checked out that link. If that works, that would be pretty awesome. How's it treated you for those 18 months? Do you set aside a fixed amount of money and put it all in each time?
Thanks!

dicemanj

the site has worked extremely well. I started with an investment club so we could share the cost of the subscription and the commision on the trades ($7 scottrade) The past performance is right on the mark. The only difference is that you may not always get the opening or closing price, even if you put in a buy at market open, you may not get that price. We have actually looked at the 9:30 price, compared to the 9:50 price, usually the price drops and we buy it closer to 9:50. We have even shorted a security at 9:30, covered at 9:50 and purhcased it long after that. We just started this theory and the short is making us a little more, but nothing to get excited about. We invest 100% of our assets in every trade, if there is two trades at one time, we margin the other trade, with compounding and the use of margin we are doing better than the website. Will be nice if this keeps going.

tony detroit

Originally posted by Fishman830
does the goverment have any stock??:thinking: :)

Directly? no
Indirectly??? Look at the Haliburton service contracts in Iraq right now.

D

daniel411

Originally posted by tony detroit
Directly? no

What about the Federal Reserve?

dave flood

Stocks are all a gamble, just when you think you no something you get slapped in the face. For the most part I just buy what I think is right & hang on to it. So far thats been working good for me. :happy: :happy: