stop parasite

D

deepsixer

so is Stop Parasite worth a crap for a reef tank? if you have used it did it hurt anything in your tank?

mr.limpit

it wont harm inverts to the best of my knowledge and it has worked on my tank the only time i had to use it
also Neon Gobies will eat parasites so it may be worth adding IMO

D

deepsixer

Originally Posted by Mr.limpit
it wont harm inverts to the best of my knowledge and it has worked on my tank the only time i had to use it
also Neon Gobies will eat parasites so it may be worth adding IMO

cool i didn't know that i will have to check up on the gobie. thanks

lion_crazz

I agree with both statements.
Hypo is obviously the better way to treat ich, but I personally like Stop Parasite if hypo is not an option. It is the only product I have ever had success with. The Stop Parasite worked each time I needed it, both in my tank, and my customers' tanks.
Neon gobies are wonderful things to have. Just make sure you get tank raised ones, and not wild caught gobies. There is a huge difference in survivability.

alyssia

Originally Posted by lion_crazz
Neon gobies are wonderful things to have. Just make sure you get tank raised ones, and not wild caught gobies. There is a huge difference in survivability.

:scared: I did not know that. I got mine from here and it says it's origin is the Caribbean. What are the chances it will survive long term?

beth

Administrator
Staff member
I have started to compile a thread in the FAQ Thread about the reef safe meds so that hobbyists can review for themselves other folks' experiences. Personally, I won't vouch for them at all. I've seen too many failures.

mr.limpit

Originally Posted by lion_crazz

doh!
I forgot to mention that didnt I? I made the mistake when i first started out of getting the wild ones only to see them parish :(