stopping to say hello

00nothing

just wanted to say hello i am new to this forum having jsut found it which is suprising cause i thought i was on all the kewl forums
i ahve already noticed some familiar faces
Right now i have a 40 gallon reef that i am downsizing to a 15 gallon nano, the reason for this was i wanted to simplify things so that i could spend more time working on my new beauty my 135 gallon fowlr
the soon to be gone 40 gallon

the soon to be full running 135

My main goal with the 135 is to have a pair of blue throat triggers my wife really loves these fish as do i so selling her on the 135 was a fairly easy task
It is my dream to someday have a small shark tank 12x6x4 but that would require a major remodel of the house we are in or the purchase of a new house
well great site and glad i found it

triggered

Welcome, Looks like you could have a few aggressives in the 40. It is a gorgeous tank, working on getting one myself (reef).
I don't know about getting a "pair" of triggers, (same species) someone else will probably weigh in, I am a novice to the hobby. Everything I have read and heard, however, suggests it is not recommended.
I couldn't understand why my man wanted a 125 to house only one or two fish, (now 3 triggers, different species) after getting it up and running almost one year ago, it is truly one of the best decisions we have made. They (triggers) are just fun!!! Fun to watch, fun to interact with, and, well, babbling.
Anyway, welcome, and I for one look forward to seeing how your new aggressive turns out, keep us posted. How long has it been cycling?
Peace

aw2

Originally Posted by Triggered
I don't know about getting a "pair" of triggers, (same species) someone else will probably weigh in, I am a novice to the hobby. Everything I have read and heard, however, suggests it is not recommended.
Blue Throats are succesfully paired because it's so easy to tell the --- of each fish.
Welcome to SWF, traitor! You know who this is!

00nothing

Originally Posted by AW2
Welcome to SWF, traitor! You know who this is!

LOL it was reading one of your post that led me here so whos the traitor now

I am starting to think that the tank may see fish by this weekend i have had 4 chromis in there jsut to check things out and they are all doing great will be performing water tests tomorrow or the next day to see where things stand
things that need to go in that are currently in the 40 gallon
kole tang
male bluethroat
snowflake moray