strange behavior

saltym3

I just did the CC to LS swap recently. I had CC for nearly 2 years no problems. My clown which ive had for 15 months without a sandbed is going nuts now 2 days after i put him in the new tank. he makes a mess of the sandbed swims in it looks like he is trying to host it almost. he also eats the sand and spits it out like a goby would. i also caught my picses doing it as well.

beckzilla

They are just getting used to the new changes in your tank. Another reason they call them Clownfish, they are entertaining.

shrimp134

Why dont my Clowns ever do this...I have a 2 to 3 inch Sandbed..I got my pair of true perc's last Sunday? I want them to do this too...

jwhiteuwc

Hell, mine are creating sand storms all the time.
I think they enjoy it :)
Nothing abnormal.
Nothing to worry about.

jwhiteuwc

You have some Perc clowns?
Not every fish is the same man.
You walk into a store, one guy buys generic the other guy buys name brand...... same senerio with fish.
Not all act a like.

jwhiteuwc

Just to add.
Even though my perc clown does some sand storms every once in awhile, most of the time he sits in rock like he's sleeping.
He use to move around a lot more before I added all the live rock.
Lasy b@$t@rD :)

shrimp134

Ok
, I guess...and by the way, My clowns are a pair of True Perc's...not the cheap False..."cough, cough" Lol Just kidding! :hilarious

jwhiteuwc

Ahh man, rub it in right away!!!! :)
Maybe that's it. Mine are retarded and make sand storms and yours are the good ones and leave the sand alone....
:thinking:

saltym3

thanks for the responses. its so funny to see my clown swim after all this time. For months he just sat around near my PH not moving at all. Now after the LS swap he swims around like mad and wont leave the sand alone. Its like I got a new fish.