Strange Clown Behaviour

tboone

Hoping someone can help here. For the last several days, my tank has been mysteriously cloudy/silty. I finally figured it out tonight. While sitting here staring at the tank for a while, I noticed my tomato clown will get under one of the tunnels in my rock and fan the LS violently. He then comes out, swims around a few minutes and does it again. He just keeps repeating this behaviour and its kicking up little clouds of silt every time he does it. This is new behaviour. Any thoughts on why he has starte doing this, or more importantly, how I can convince him to stop.
TIA,
Tim

adrian

Normal clownfish behavior, aggravating isn't it :p some would say its has to do with spawning, but in my case, and I suspect yours as well, these clowns are single with no mate and therefore there's no spawning. As far as I know its just something they do, and there nothing short of removing the fish to prevent it :rolleyes: HTH

twoods71

Yea my sebae does the same thing.
I put a few small pieces of rubble rock in front of the area where he digs. It helps a litlle but the little guy wont be happy until he finds the bottom of the tank.

banshee

My maroon clown does the same thing. He also likes to move stuff around like he is redecorating. Annoying!

vkesu

I've never seen my 3 percs. do that. They do rub and play with my leather coral. (Which the leather never seemed to mind.)