Strange Puffer behavior?

petem

Those of you with Porcupine puffers, or any puffer for that matter, have you noticed whether your puffer "hangs out" motionless under your LR during the day? Mine seems to do that. Then when I come home, and let the dogs out (no barking please) the tank is adjacent to the back door, he comes out of hiding when he sees me. Sort of like a greeting.

roggy23

yeh its soo cool, my puffer started to do that after he got better acquainted with the tank i would come home and my other fish are swimming and hes just laying there with his chin on top of my rock... they are just resting and sometimes even sleeping... remember puffers are nocturnal :)

leopard_babe

My puffer would lay on the bottom like it was dead. Then when someone would come near the tank, it would wags its tail, and spit at you. Puffers are great. They grow fast, ad get big as well. As roggy 23 said they are nocturnal, so they will sleep as long as you have the lights on. When your lights go off at night, sit at the tank, and watch your fish. I love to do that!!!
Leopard