Strange tank for sale...

crimzy

Came across this tank for sale and it is pretty interesting. What do you think of the design as far as stocking, filtration, etc?
Dimensions are 108"Lx20"Dx50"T with an arch cutout of 58"Wx20"Dx36"T. It's 300 gallons.

cowfishrule

i like it.
lots of room for rockwork in the 2 pits and lots of horizontal swimming room.
perfect accomodations for hiders and gliders.
a power head in each pit blowing up-ward would form a nice current up top.

jtrzerocool

it would be interesting to try and light it for a reef...2X400w MH(one for either side of the tank...and 2X250w in the middle???

jtrzerocool

i just had an awesome idea...wouldnt that look cool in an entry way...you could walk under it like an arch or somthing...

digitydash

I hate cleaning my tank and it is no where as deep as that and is probly acrylic making even more of a pain cause you got to be careful with it.

crashbandicoot

I don't know crimzy . It might make a good arch if you have a place to put it . You know like the entrance of a hall way . you would have a serious pain in the butt to get it level . I imagine if its out of level on even one corner it will tweak it and eventually cause a leak .

crimzy

I'm sure cleaning that sucker would be tough. But the length is nice and the design would have a cool look to it. However I'm not thrilled with the width of the tank, 20" and you probably wouldn't want to put substrate in the center area because you'd want to able to view the fish from below. This guy really wants to sell though.

pontius

looks like acrylic, no?
acrylic + very deep = I wouldn't take it if it were given to me for free
acrylic is a MAJOR pain to clean and that depth would make it nearly impossible. no way would I want that tank