Stray voltage

meisacao

I'm thinking I may have stray voltage in my tank. Just today I've noticed my clown fish twitching every now and then. They do not appear to be sick or anything it's just the twitching from time to time. So how do you get rid of stray voltage????
Thanks in advance for any help. You guys always have answers!!!! :help:

jerthunter

Originally Posted by meisacao
I'm thinking I may have stray voltage in my tank. Just today I've noticed my clown fish twitching every now and then. They do not appear to be sick or anything it's just the twitching from time to time. So how do you get rid of stray voltage????
Thanks in advance for any help. You guys always have answers!!!! :help:
Clownfish can act rather wierd and twitch when they swim so I would not say this is definately stray voltage.
To check for stray voltage just use a standard volt meter to measure it, turn one piece of equipment off at a time and recheck.
To get rid of it you have to options, replace the faulty piece of equipment or get a grounding probe.

T

thomas712

Originally Posted by Jerthunter
To get rid of it you have to options, replace the faulty piece of equipment or get a grounding probe.
And a GCFI outlet for safty reasons

T

thomas712

Forgive me,most call them GFI outlets. Ground Fault Interupt. it trips the cirucut if there is any surge in electricity. The ground probe send the stray voltage back to earth and not through you. They should both be used together.