Stupid Bicolor Blenny...

yoc-reef

Ok so i was sitting here at my computer and heard this big splash in my tank. I have a 12 gal nanocube. I looked in there and I couldnt figure out what that was, but i couldnt find my bicolor blenny anymore. He jumped from the display to the back filter where i have it filled with live rock and live rock rubble, i pulled out all the live rock and i cant get him! He hides under the pump and jumps to another chamber and he is just a big pain. Any suggestions? And my hand is too big to get down to the bottom and my net is too big too. Help!

partsman

lol............
sorry for laughing but i had the same problem with a firefish once. he also jumped into the rear compartment of my 12 gallon jbj nano and i had fits trying to get him out.
finally i found in my kitchen an old cup strainer ( small metal type ) that was small enough to fit into the chamber he was in and with a little luck - and time finaly removed him.
strange part was he was actually back there for about 2 days before i noticed he was missing.
not that i don't pay attention - but i had more than one at the time and they like to hide a lot.
beautiful fish - but not real practical for a small tank with a lot of rock - know what i mean ?
i've since moved the firefisf to my larger tank .
good luck ...............mb

1968oldsma

i would let him stay you ask me that would teach to him jump back there. He isn't in any real danger at least for the moment or so, so i would just keep him back there.