Stupid clown...

manycolors

I honestly dont look at any fish as stupid, i just wanted to get attention, so if i offened anyone i'm sorry.

Any ways the reason for this post is, I have 2 clowns (false percs) and 3 anemone (1 rbta and 2 gbta), 1 torch coral and 1 frogspawn. and other stuff but thats irrelivant to my question. My female clown is hostion my torch! Why? i have supplied him with plenty of choices. any ideas on how to get my clown out of the coral and back into the anemone? (i read somewhere corals dont tolerate the abuse of a clown for a long period of time)
Thanks

jerryatrick

On the weekends when my friends and I are drinking soda and eating bagel bites I will offer them a bed or a couch to sleep on. I have seen them sleep on my kitchen floor as well as the grass. Why do they do this? Nobody knows. It is not a stone cold lock that your clown will host an anemone.
As you said, the torch probably does not like the clown touching it. You can try moving the torch to another location but make sure that it is in a position that has similar flow and light. If you do this don't be surprised if it takes some time for the torch to adjust to it's new spot.

perfectdark

A corals tolerance to a clowns "lovin" is generally based on how aggressive the clown is to the coral. In some instances this is never an issue, in others it is a big issue. To ensure success your best bet is to remove the torch all together. Let the clowns choose something else and then try to re-introduce the torch again.
They dont call them clownfish for nothing...

manycolors

i like both your responses. thanks for the help, i think i will try moving it and if she follows i guess i'll pull it out for a couple days

manycolors

ok....another queston- Just to clarify, i have 2 clowns (false perc) and 3 anemones (1 RBTA, 2 GBTA) a torch and a frogspawn and other stuff BUT... my larger clown is hosting my torch...still. but the torch seems to be doing alright so far, so i'm just going to let it fly until she starts being to rough on it. hopefully my torch will benifit.
And my little clown is hosting one of my GBTA. See a problem? or is this ok? will the two clowns still mate? any opinions or advice is welcome

jerryatrick

Originally Posted by ManyColors
http:///forum/post/2756553
ok....another queston- Just to clarify, i have 2 clowns (false perc) and 3 anemones (1 RBTA, 2 GBTA) a torch and a frogspawn and other stuff BUT... my larger clown is hosting my torch...still. but the torch seems to be doing alright so far, so i'm just going to let it fly until she starts being to rough on it. hopefully my torch will benifit.
And my little clown is hosting one of my GBTA. See a problem? or is this ok? will the two clowns still mate? any opinions or advice is welcome
With a clown using the torch as a host you run the risk of the torch getting brown jelly disease. Not sure if the clowns will play patty cake.

invertcrazy

Originally Posted by JerryAtrick
http:///forum/post/2750125
On the weekends when my friends and I are drinking soda and eating bagel bites I will offer them a bed or a couch to sleep on. I have seen them sleep on my kitchen floor as well as the grass. Why do they do this? Nobody knows. It is not a stone cold lock that your clown will host an anemone.
As you said, the torch probably does not like the clown touching it. You can try moving the torch to another location but make sure that it is in a position that has similar flow and light. If you do this don't be surprised if it takes some time for the torch to adjust to it's new spot.
Hmmmm What kind of soda are you and your friends drinking?

meeks101

Me too! My clown seems to only go on the left side of the tank. He wasn't getting in my anemone, only the frogspawn! That was bothering me so I put all my frogspawn on the right side of the tank and now he stays in the anemone!!! Try doing that and see what happens! Cause I as well have ocellaris clowns (a.k.a. false percs.)