Stupid Kalk Dosing Question -

lutz493

Hello -
Its time that I need to strt dosing with Kalk. I've got te Kent Marine Aquadose 1000ml (Smallest of the two) and my Kalk Mix.
I evaporate between 2 - 2.5 gallons over a 24-30 hours period.
The directions on the Kalkmix say to mix 1/8 - 2 teaspoons maximum per 1gallon of fresh water.
I am going to mix 2 teaspoons to start and adjust from there (My Calc is only at 400 so I wanna try to slowly raise more).
So...........
It says here that a drip every 43 seconds = 200 ml a day.
So if I wanna set this thing to last me 5 days (1000ml).
How much powder should I be putting in? If I am going through lets say 2 gallons a day, then thats 10 gallons of water a week. So should I be adding 20 teaspons of Kalk Powder to the doser and filling it up to 1k ml line?
:notsure:

msd2

Originally posted by Lutz493
Hello -
Its time that I need to strt dosing with Kalk. I've got te Kent Marine Aquadose 1000ml (Smallest of the two) and my Kalk Mix.
I evaporate between 2 - 2.5 gallons over a 24-30 hours period.
The directions on the Kalkmix say to mix 1/8 - 2 teaspoons maximum per 1gallon of fresh water.
I am going to mix 2 teaspoons to start and adjust from there (My Calc is only at 400 so I wanna try to slowly raise more).
So...........
It says here that a drip every 43 seconds = 200 ml a day.
So if I wanna set this thing to last me 5 days (1000ml).
How much powder should I be putting in? If I am going through lets say 2 gallons a day, then thats 10 gallons of water a week. So should I be adding 20 teaspons of Kalk Powder to the doser and filling it up to 1k ml line?
:notsure:

Im sure Kip will have a more definitive answer. But if you want to raise ur Ca level you should be adding something like turbo ca, kalk will help maintain the levels u have.
Also it seems that the longer the mixture sits the less Ca is suspended in the kalk. So you many not want to make enough for the entire week at a time. I actually pump into my system daily 2785ml of kalk water daily and it seems to keep things fairly stable so far, just occassionally needing a Ca boost. I make up the mixture 3 times a week.
for your exact measure you will have to mess around with the amount needed depending on ur load requirements. I put in 4ml per liter.

verde_ad

Something else to add to the comments, I think with Kalk you want to start out with a smaller dose and work you way up to 2 teaspoons/gallon. Here is a thread that will tell you most everything you need to know