Subielover's Biocube 14 Diary

subielover

Alright I will check that out, thanks
Need to get rid of it! I hate the way it looks, I got a good deal of it out last water change but there is still some left and it is all my eyes want to look a
^&

nwdyr

Hey buddy I had that real bad but I used Macryan (sp?) i know I spelled that wrong but ask about it in your LFS. It worked for me and mine never came back
It also didnt hurt any corals. i have and still have torches , 1inc away from other corasl and never had a prob. when I started here everyone scared me with all the sweeper talk. It can happen.....it could sting stuff.....I have never in 8 mo's had a prob
I also target feed mine so maybe that helps i think they only send out those sweepers when they are hungery. So kepp em fed and enjoy
my torch has like 5-6 heads on it , I love it

blazin2k6

Hey that green thing looks like a mini zoa. Thats all bro :) Its nothing harmful i am sure. And i dont think fighting conchs need a deep sand bed really. hehe. all though do is eat algae :) Also 2.80 a head for ACAN LORDS. That is a super steal. You need to buy that and sell me about 8 heads for 40 bucks. HEHE.

subielover

Thanks guys for the comments
I just called the lfs, they said they had a product called red slime remover, anyone ever use it? I am going to try to read up on it before I go get it. I was also told that if I got a sand sifting goby that would help as well, however with having a shallow sand bed I don't know how well it would do?
Blazin, I thought it was a pretty good deal on the acan. It has been there for awhile, and just keeps growing more heads
If it is still there in 2 weeks or so, it's mine!

Thanks again everyone for the comments and the advice on getting rid of this freakin cyano!

rebelprettyboy

u already went and bought it? If so wheres the pics?
And I use chemiclean when I see cyno. Works great. U just gotta do a water change 48 hours after u use. So u wanna make sure u got some saltwater ready.
Nvr has bother any of my corals

subielover

No I didn't buy it yet, but I think I am gonna head over soon and pick it up. I have about 3 gallons of sw ready for a water change after the 48 hour period. Thanks reb.
Hey rebel, I think the one pink zuit may pull through after all, it opened just enough today that I could see the bright pink inside
I hope it makes it through. I think my RDE's are sprouting some new heads too!

subielover

Ok, I got the chemiclean red slime remover. I am going to add the amount for 10 gallons. I will keep checking my parameters just in case, but it sounds like it should work
we shall see.

subielover

Here are some pics I just took to show what the cyano looks like as of now. I just added the chemiclean. Obviously in these pics only my actinics are on

paintballer768

The little green thing looks like a small zoanthid. The tanks getting there subie...cyano is a part of the tank at one point or another. I suggest reading up on it, and preventing the source and use the chemiclean in conjunction with the water changes, etc...
I would recommend buying a Koralia 2 as well, aimed across the tank from the K1, thatll be all the flow youd need, and the cyano wouldnt like the flow one bit.

subielover

Well, I picked up that new pink paly frag and just got done gluing to a big piece of live rock, I will post some pics of them once they open up!

subielover

I don't know if I have ever seen Halloween polyps before?? I will check your thread as I am sure that you will have them posted over there.

subielover

Here are the new pics as promised. Not all of the new pink zoas I just added are opened up yet, but they look really cool! Anybody got any id? Rebel do you know what these are called?? Anyhow the other pics are showing where the cyano was/is. It has definitely gotten better after a few water changes and using the chemi-clean. I really want to add another fish but I can't make up my mind
Oh well, I am happy with how the tank is coming along, slowly but surely.

subielover

Originally Posted by paintballer768
http:///forum/post/2739620
I would recommend buying a Koralia 2 as well, aimed across the tank from the K1, thatll be all the flow youd need, and the cyano wouldnt like the flow one bit.
Paintballer-Do you really think I should get another powerhead? Right now I have a mj900 for a return(240gph) and my koralia 1(400 gph)??