Success with new clown!

tank watch

Success with new partner for our clown!

[hr]
My wife and I bought a pair of maroon clowns a while back. Soon the female developed an internal parasite and died. Since then my wife has been determined to pair the clown up again. We tried periodically to match them, but a fight soon erupted. These new clowns were NOT left to die, they were returned safely to the lfs.
On this recent attempt we tried a new approach. We bought a 2 dollar plastic critter cage with the vented top, Acclimated the new clown in this "mini tank" and then sank it in the aquarium with a piece of live rock.
At first the resident clown was a bit hostile, seeing a new smaller clown in a plastic container, near the anemone!!
We observed their interaction for a 24 hour period. After this time we noticed noticed no sudden actions, but they were swimming side by side though seperated by the plastic. We decided it was safe to let the new fish out. The large original clown waited halfway between the plastic container and the anemone. The smaller new clown approached, kissed on the lips and they swam together into the anemone! Success!!
It has been about a week now and all is well.
Attached Images

tank watch

it was a small critter cage. square, clear plastic with snap on lid with lots of vents in the lid, used for mice or hermit crabs or something.

nick76

Very cool. I was about to ask a similar question. I have a True Perc just bought is in QT and eating well...my lfs only had one so I bought it. Now im thinking i should have waited till they had two. But im going to try your method in probably 2 months time when I get another True Perc and send him through the QT treatment then try your technique.