Such a thing as overfeeding an anemone?

sueandherzoo

I have a pink-tip Haitian in my tank and a sebae clown who is in love with it but I'm afraid she may be loving it to death. She spends all her time in there and the anemone seems OK with that but when I feed that tank, the clown goes crazy grabbing every morsel of food possible and bringing it over to the anemone. It's very cute and sweet to watch but it's starting to get out of hand. I sometimes put live tuffies in that tank for my puffer and it's gotten to where the puffer isn't getting any because the clown steals them away and feeds them to the anemone. Yesterday all three tuffies were snatched away from the puffer and fed to the anemone and today the anemone looks sick.
I feel so bad for the puffer -- I thought they were supposed to be the aggressive ones! The clown often steals the tuffie right out of puffer's mouth!
Sue

windlasher

Originally Posted by SueAndHerZoo
http:///forum/post/3026864
I have a pink-tip Haitian in my tank and a sebae clown who is in love with it but I'm afraid she may be loving it to death. She spends all her time in there and the anemone seems OK with that but when I feed that tank, the clown goes crazy grabbing every morsel of food possible and bringing it over to the anemone. It's very cute and sweet to watch but it's starting to get out of hand. I sometimes put live tuffies in that tank for my puffer and it's gotten to where the puffer isn't getting any because the clown steals them away and feeds them to the anemone. Yesterday all three tuffies were snatched away from the puffer and fed to the anemone and today the anemone looks sick.
I feel so bad for the puffer -- I thought they were supposed to be the aggressive ones! The clown often steals the tuffie right out of puffer's mouth!
Sue
nemo gave clowns a bad name... i.e. nice. most clowns are mean little b@stards that are fine with biting the hand that feeds them. You could use some sort of divider while you feed or put a plastic food collander over the nem (and the clown if possible) while you feed the rest.