Suggest me a cleanup crew

xevkai

Hi all,
Im wondering what your suggestions would be for a cleanup crew on a 29gal...
I have a large brittle starfish and maroon clown in the tank right now. Though the starfish may be traded soon I would like to know what I could get before he's gone.
I have 4 powerheads in the tank right now circulating the water, and my lighting is very good for this sized tank. Though my water stays a bit warm so keep that in mind with your ideas.
Thanks!

sepulatian

Why do you have 4 powerheads in a 29? How many GPH each? Why is you tank warm and what temp is "warm". How old is this tank? What all is in it? Why are you getting rid of the brittle?

xevkai

I have a 29gallon Clarity Plus tank that has been set up and established for 4+ years I bought from a previous owner. The tank has two pumps with powerheads in the back compartment stock and the previous owner added two other small submersable pumps into the tank for added flow. The brittle is just way too big for the tank, he'll take up almost the entire back wall spread out. We traded him in today for 2 peppermint shrimp and 5 turbo snails to start.
The tank runs a little over 80 right now, Im in the process of installing 4 large fans on the back of the lighting assembly to cool the air and take away some of the heat. The previous owner has ran it high temp the entire 4 years, I don't want to take the risk of anything happening so Im going to regulate that down to the normal levels.
Anyway, thanks for the response!

S

sudc

There is nothing wrong with 80 degrees as long as it is constant. My tank runs almost 82 and have never had a problem.
As long as you dont have large temperature swings, spend the fan money on coral or livestock.