Suggestion/Comments? Anything would help

wlax007

Well, just wanted to make sure I was going in the right track on this whole aquarium thing. I've been maintaining/upgrading my aquarium for about three months now and want to start growing coral. I have probably 3-350gph running in the sump and one 600gph powerhead pushing water around. I know this isn't the way to go but thats why I'm asking you guys ;). What kind of arrangement/placement and pumps should I use to create an even not too harsh/not too little flow. I'm not going to change the flow going into my sump because no microbubbles are going at this rate. I just got done building the sump (accrediting mylevsreefs) and fixed a drainage microbubble problem by placing a 4" pipe under the drain with slots on the bottom and LR rubble all the way to the top. Bubbles collect, get big, and rise up, no prob for me ;). Skimmer still shoots them out tho. I hate these RIO pumps though because they generate soo much heat, but that's what you get with used tanks and not a lot of cash to spend. What are some quality pumps for both the sump and flow powerheads for around the tank that don't produce a lot of heat? Also, I'm somewhat new at growing coral, what kind of placement/flow/nutrients should I worry about? I've been adding an alkalinity buffer which adds calcium and macro/micro nutrients plus some iodide solution frequently. I'm also not really sure what kind of coral to grow. I like pulsating xenia and some of the zoo's (those the button looking things right?). What grows like weeds with PC's and doesn't drain my checking ;)? I'm looking for a new skimmer, whats a nice quality skimmer nowadays? My friend will sell me a 125 coralife super NW for 75, how are those? And are the phosban or calcium reactors a good purchase? How expensive are they? Any other suggestions/comments on the tank by viewing my pics please say anything and everything. Thanks.

miaheatlvr

Nice lookin DIY Fuge,, looks great and I like the water volume. I like the marineland and Maxijet heads..