Suggestions for Vortech Mp60's positions and modes Please .

ivasawajin

I have 500G reef , mostly softies and LPS like hammers clams and bubbles anemones . my tank is well stocked but not ovestocked and the paramerets are great . ( excoet for thge Aiptasia outbreak ) . anyway i just got 2 Vortech MP60 and 1 Mp40 . and i wanted to know that how and where should i put them and in which mode . synced or unsynced ..... some general help please. its urgent .

acrylic51

I don't think 2 many actually run the MP60's.....When I did run them I think it's dependent on type of sand you have.....Major complaint is blowing sand with sugar grade sand.....Preferable mounted higher in the tank, but you have to be careful that they aren't to high that they start creating a vortex at the surface and sucking air.....I might consider running the 2 MP60's on 1 end and the MP40 on the opposite.....I would sync the MP60's, but run the MP40 opposed to the other 2......
I didn't personally have a real favorite as far as mode I ran them in.....Depends what your looking for as far as movement will determine that setting.

ivasawajin

Quote:
Originally Posted by acrylic51 http:///t/395033/suggestions-for-vortech-mp60s-positions-and-modes-please#post_3516333
I don't think 2 many actually run the MP60's.....When I did run them I think it's dependent on type of sand you have.....Major complaint is blowing sand with sugar grade sand.....Preferable mounted higher in the tank, but you have to be careful that they aren't to high that they start creating a vortex at the surface and sucking air.....I might consider running the 2 MP60's on 1 end and the MP40 on the opposite.....I would sync the MP60's, but run the MP40 opposed to the other 2......
I didn't personally have a real favorite as far as mode I ran them in.....Depends what your looking for as far as movement will determine that setting.
two questions : 1 ) should i be putting two mp60 on the opposite direction synched and thge mp40 with one of the mp60 un synced ??
2) between Reef Crest and Lagoon mode which one will be better for a LPS heavy tank ? ( softes , anemones , hammers , tube worms , different polyps and ... )

acrylic51

Try the (2) MP60's on the same side running together.....Meaning sync them together, but put the MP40 on the opposite side of them blowing towards them, but run it un sync'd or opposite time as the MP60's.........
As far as modes there is no direct, correct answer.....So much has to do with how your rock work and such is layed out, which will affect how the flow is inside the DT.....Best advice is try 1 mode and see how it works for a couple days and switch to the other and see how it works for you........If my memory serves me correct I did run it in reef crest during the water test.....I didn't care for the lagoon mode I do recall. I could easily produce a wave with just 2 MP60's on 1 end and nothing blowing from the opposite, and they were turned down to 60%-70% power......