Suggestions of coral placement

mrdc

I have a couple of corals that are alive but just aren't growing very fast if at all. Right now they are on the sand bed and receive decent current. The corals are mostly encrusting montipora like jedi mind trick and sunset montipora and a few digitatas. I have a tall tank and I have 2x150x hqis and 2x96w actinics. PH, ca, ... are all fine. My monti caps grow like weeds along with my hammers and frogspawn. My acros are also really starting to take off. I just can't get the ones I mentioned above to grow quickly. If you have these type of corals, what placements are you getting the best results?

btldreef

So it's really just the encrusting montipora that you're having issues with?
My encrusting monti's do best in moderate lighting. High lighting beats them up too much. Flow doesn't matter too much, but that being said, everything in my tank gets at minimum moderate flow as I'm running 4 MP40's and an MP10.

mrdc

Maybe I will move it away from the stonger current but keep it at the bottom to see if that helps. Thanks.

florida joe

It comes down to trial and error as no two tanks as exactly alike rule of thumb is start low in low flow and see how they do. If you are not satisfied with their growth and color start changing their location it really is trial and error your corals will let you know then they are in a spot they like