Suggestions on $200 digital camera

ags

I have been toying with the idea of buying a digital camera and since I am I going snow skiing in a couple weeks figured that was a good enough excuse to do it. Anyone have any recommendations on a digital camera that is appx. $200? Or do they even sale them that cheap and if so is it a waste of money? Thanks

ryebread

I would recommend either a Fuji Finepix 2650 or a Nikon Coolpix 2000. Both of those cameras are decent at a good price. Both of those cameras can also focus down to less than four inches away. :)
I like the Fuji a little bit better because it comes with a 16mb XD picture card that will hold a decent amount of shots. The Nikon only comes with an 8mb Compact Flash card that holds eight pictures. :rolleyes:
Fuji is a lot better with compression on thier memory cards and a 16mb card of thiers holds anywhere from 25-80 photos on it. Plus the fact that it is cheaper is nice too.
One of the things that I hate on the Nikon is that it doesn't have a viewfinder.........you are always forced to look at the screen on the back and it is not always easy to see in the sunlight. ;)

ags

Thanks Ryebread. These cameras available at Circuit City or Best Buy? If not what chains carry them. Thanks again for your help.