suggestions please (pic)

hops523

I just set up the rock work in my 10 gallon tank.... Here is a picture of it. I only put in 4 pounds, I might add some more, but I am not going to put in any coral really, just inverts, and 2 fish. Should I add some more rock work? And any suggestions on how I can switch up the rockwork so it would look better? There are 6 pieces or rock.

seannmelly

IMO a good protein skimmer and enough live rock is the key to sucess. Optimally 1-2lbs/gallon is ideal for live rock. Even if you don't plan on corals a good amount of live rock is a good idea. If you had more pieces then 6 pieces of live rock, it would be easier to rearrange to it make it look awesome!

hops523

Alright thanks. Yeah tomorrow I am going back to the lfs to pick up some more rock. I will post another pick once I add it.

qbnfreek

Tank looks cool! Try looking into Tonga branch live rock, they tend to come in pretty cool shapes. Look forward to seeing more pictures! - Qbnfreek, Los Angeles

hops523

Alright I just kind of threw these in here, I still will be changing it up, and probably adding more rock,I just wanted to see how this would look

catawaba

Getting better! Use the flat peices as 'shelves' to create tunnels for fish. The more rock the better--regardless of your planned stocking. Keep it up!!! :cheer:

jojo_b

Hey Hops, I like your rockwork.
How are you managing stability for the two pieces balancing on top of the others? I'd love to add a few more pieces to my own rockwork, but I'm concerned that it won't be stable enough; I have burrowers in my 10g.

maelv

I am new at this, and am setting up a larger tank...but I THOUGHT I had read somewhere that rock could not be touching glass, is this true? Like i said, that is what I thought i had read somewhere so I don't know....just inquiring. Thanks...