suggestions

my dad says my tank looks boring with the golden puffer, niger trigger, clown and a little blue damsel. it is a 125g, any suggestions on what else i could put in it? i am open to anything and i mean anything.

It's your own opinion, as long as u like it then don't worry about it. As he seen the fish during feeding time? Is the clown an anemone fish or a clown trigger? Lion fish are also good for the type of set-up u have.

grouperhead

my mom hates my predator tank(miniatus grouper and picasso) she thinks it is the dumbest thing ever. but she loves my 38 reef and thinks its the coolest thing ever. i think they ike color and movement. i dont think you could put another fish in there. but its your tank and if you like it keep it like that. later, bo

trgirl

I personally think the clown trigger IS the most ornate, colorful fish I have ever seen! I don't know why he doesn't find him fascinating. They have great personality too. I think he needs to spend more time watching him. I like the fish you have!

trgirl

Also, as my suggestion, I think you should try a snowflake eel. They are really cool to watch! They are pretty and very graceful swimmers!

dgs174

dlight,
if I remember correctly you clown is still a juvenile right? So he hasn't developed his full spectrum of colors yet. So tell your dad to be patient. Once that clown gets bigger, you can throw in a goldfish once every blue moon, and I guarantee your dad will think that is pretty cool.
Once thing I do when I look at my tank and get bored is I buy a little more live rock and rearrange the tank some. Create some more caves in different places, stuff like that. Just some suggestions...........

hahaha ya i used to do that with my undulated my dad thought it was cool but when i did it too much he got mad and thought it was cruel. probably because they were from my freshwater tank, and he liked those fish more then i did.

dgs174

LOL, if one of my cichlids makes me angry, I'll toss him in with my clown.....good night! Just kidding........just make sure you don't do that too frequently for the obvious reasons that I am sure you have heard thousands of times....

lionfish

LionFish says......
I've got 2 words for ya. Harlequin Tusk. Has to be a favorite of mine and it is incredibly awesome and colorful. You want a neat fish with awesome colors then you should check this fish out.

lionfish

LionFish says......
Why not? You have a large enough tank. I'm throwing the one I have into my 180 and I have him in my 70 gallon right now. They need a minimum of a 100 gallon tank. You have abig enough tank. If you're worried about the Trigger getting him you have nothing to worry about. If you but the Harlequin Tusk at about 4 inches or more it could whoop all your fishes fins! They are rather peaceful but if something starts a fight with it... look out. It could defend itself.

lionfish

LionFish says.....
They are pretty hardy once acclimatized but they can be a bit difficult to introduce to a tank. If you have good water quality then you should be fine. You should also keep the lights off for a little while. Is the Puffer that mean? If you think it is too aggressive than you may want to get a pane of glass and seperate a part of the tank for the Tusk to get used to. Then the other fish can see the Tusk and may be much nicer to him when first allowed to roam the whole tank.

i just asked my dad what one do you want the Australian one or the one from the indo-pacific, and his response was why not both...could that happen?

S

slk3599

Two Harequins in your size tank will fight. Keep only one - The Australians are much more colorful.

lionfish

LionFish says.....
Yeah, avoid getting two of them. They are pretty territorial towards their own kind. I agree that you should get the Australian. It may cost a bit more but I feel it is worth it. I bought one and it still lives peacefully today.