sump and refug

ex82nd

Could some help me design a sump/refu under my 75gal with fish and LR. I have a 10 gal and 20 gal to use under it and a mag 9 for return. Skimmer and heater will go in sump. Plus where do I need LS and LR in them and how much. As far as running to Home Depot i do not have a problem, Because i own a plumbing company and should have everything pipe and fitting wise on truck or in shop.LOL. Only advantage i have.Thanks for any help. I also have the dividers just need to put them in.:)

M

mirdok

Take a look at this thread
I think Toddpolish's design would be one that suits you well. The 10 gallon would be the refugium and the 20 gallon would be the sump. He has a Mag-7 in his design to run his skimmer, so in that instance your's may vary. LS/LR in the Refugium. Add enough live sand to make a deepsand bed 3-4" in there.

krux

going to assume you will use a standard venturi type in sump skimmer (like a berlin).
going to assume you can make a little stand out of wood.
going to assume you can drill a hole in the glass wall of the 10 gallon tank (if it breaks, get another for 8 bucks at ***** and go slower)
how about a microsoft paint masterpiece?

M

mirdok

Hmmm it seems SWF.com doesn't let you link within their own forums.
Well look a few threads down in this forum (Equipment & DIY) for a thread title "Please post sump and refugium designs "