sump info for a 125

gati

I want to build a sump for my 125 gallon tank. I have 3 questions, first what size tank will I need to use for the sump and will I be able to fit it under my tank or will I have to put it next to my tank (there is no space to put it in from behind the main tank and I will have to have overflows) and lastly, anybody have easy step by step instructions on how to build the sump i will need?
thanks so much

acrylic51

First question that needs to be answered is how much room do you have under your tank, inside the stand right now? Is the tank up and running as we speak or are you planning to take the tank down while you get the sump in place?

gati

sorry, i was in Spain for 2 weeks. there is nothing in the stand, so the only prob would be getting a tank into from one of the 3 front doors.
the tank has been up and running for years, I'm just now getting ready to do the sump.
any help would be appreciated.
thanks

acrylic51

I take it with the tank being up and running that you probably have it against a wall and have no access from the back??? You could build smaller units and get them inside the stand and then connect them together to do a sump/fuge

dgirard05

Hi Gati
I Just Built A Sump & Fefuige For My 125 Gal. Reefer. First Do You Have A Table Saw. Second The Dim. For The Sump Are 16/16/46 The Bigger The Better.let Me Know If You Have The Equement Ill Tell You How To Build It, It Is Easy
Dave

nicodakat

Dave, I'm in the process of building a sump for an 80 I just bought. Could you send me the information on how to build a sump too?? :help: It would be very much appreiciated!!my email is LMA1025@aol.com. Thanks a bunch!!