Sump Pump Heating Problem

jr1053

Just started with this hobby and am having a problem with overheating in my tank. Average temp in the main 108 gallon tank has been running about 82 degrees F since I purchased a wet-dry filter with an in sump pump setup. Heater is working perfectly and was maintaining the tank at 78 deg F prior to this. Have no fish in the tank although it's been cycled through completely. Am pretty certian that it is my sump pump which is overheating the tank. It's called a Catalina 3000 submersible pump rated 900 GPH. Any suggestions on any other high output in sump pumps which will not also produce this effect as I'd like to continue with a submersible pump set up if at all possible. Thank you for your help.

acrylic51

Heres some good advice.....Get rid of the pump!!!!!!!!! :yes: The pump is more than likely cooling itself using your tank water, so that's why your seeing the rise in temp though.....82 really isn't that bad, but the key is to keep the temp steady and not having it all over the place........
Since you have a wet/dry I would suggest drilling the wet dry for a bulkhead and running an external pump.....