sump pump

blemmy_guy

Rio Pumps are one of the best but there are a lot of different brands out there, a lot of good ones.But Rio is a good one. Todd

jobob

i have a rio i like it. i think its a 2100. it was a little strong, but i added a spray bar and that cuts the output by 30%. so its perfect. but i hear mag drives are good. becareful u dont get one thats to small. i was runin a small one for about 6mons and didnt know it. once i hooked up the rio, wow what a difference!!!!

laddy

I would recommend the Mag drive as the return pump--I have one, and anyone I talk with doesn't have a problem with 'em.

goldenboy

I use gen-x. They're not loud and they don't heat up the water because they're external. A little pricey, but worth the $. No matter what pump you're using make sure you use ball valves in the pvc so you can control the flow, and shut it off if needed.

stuckinfla

Personally, in my 55 I have run RIO for six years. In that time I have only replaced it once (impeller nothing more). It is quite and never gave me problems. I think that company now makes their pumps under the name SIO(sp) and are not supposed to have the problems the older RIO;s did.

acrylic51

I can't say Rio's are the best, because there have been a couple posts about those pumps going south.......As far as external you can't get much better then the Sequence line of pumps!!!!! Submersible pumps you could look at either the Mag, Quiet One, etc..., but wouldn't consider the Rio a top runner!!!!!

blemmy_guy

i personally use the CAP made by pro-clear and havnt had any problems with them, and there really quiet.
todd

msd2

LOL everyone has their own preferences. I personally like Iwaki and quiet one's for internal. Both have served me well so far.

acrylic51

I love the Iwaki's as well and that's what I'm currently running on my setup now, but you honestly can't compare a Sequence to an Iwaki for certain jobs. The Sequence pumps are just sweet!!!!