sump skim or hang on??

I was wondering what would be best...........im not that smart of a guy and I dont get this sump stuff. would a hang on protien skimmer work? Im not planning on have corals in my tank.......just LR and anemonies and such.
any thoughts?

wamp

Yeah it will work. The only diffrence is how the water is pumped into it. Which skimmer are you looking in to?

What size tank do you have? Less than 50Gals I'd recommend an AquaC Remora, 50 to 90Gals go with the Remora Pro. No need to use a Wet/Dry if you have a good amount of Live Rock and a functional Live Sand bed. Both have an available preskimmer box option that works well to hide the pump and skim organics off the surface. Another thing I like about these hang-on skimmers is their low profile, it's a more attractive piece of equipment in my opinion and the collection cup doesn't "Show Off" what it's pulled from your aquarium as most other hang on skimmers do. Also, AquaC skimmers use an air induction method so you wont need to take anything apart like a venturi, just unscrew the nylon screw punch it a couple of times with the pipe cleaner that it comes with put back the screw and you're done. They rarely ever need to be cleaned. Back to the Wet/Dry. Let a protein skimmer pull waste from your tank so you can dump them away regularly. Bio-balls (Or any Bio-Media for that matter) will trap uneaten food, fish waste, etc. where it will sit and rot and pollute your system. Hope this is helpful. Have a Merry Christmas!