Sunday Nano Six-pack

footbag

The unknown coral at the top of the pic has been slowly coloring back up. It looks like its going to be pink. The zoanthids below are my favorite colony. Red w/white centers. Unfortunately they are slowly receeding.

footbag

Thanks for the compliments,
I just figured out how to get good pics out of the camera and have been very happy with the quality. BUT in two days I've had three memory sticks go corrupt taking all of the pics with them. Actually every time I took pictures, a memory stick went bad. I searched the web, and it seems that a lot of sony cameras corrupt the cards and formatting them doesn't work.

kpk

Awesome footbag. Are you just dosing b-ionic for the ca/alk? Do you have a 70w mh over it?

footbag

There is a 70w 20k halide over it as well as a 32w Actinic. I'm only using kent buffer and calcium so far, but as soon as this proves inefficient, I may switch to a kalk drip. So far my ALK has dropped, but my calcium stays in the right range. Water changes have been my primary meand of fixing this as I am still just getting familiar with my Cal and ALK requirements.

yellowtail

Originally posted by footbag
The zoanthids below are my favorite colony. Red w/white centers. Unfortunately they are slowly receeding.

do you know what that is from?

footbag

do you know what that is from?
Not quite sure...
I did find a few 1/4" nudi's in the tank a few days ago, but not on the zoos in question. There are none visible on these. These zoanthids have just seemed to close up and melt. It could possibly be a bunch of baby nudis. I could have missed an egg sac.
Either way, I am planning a freshwater dip for all of my zoos. It will be my first FW dip so I'm still in the learning/planning stage. I belive that I will need to keep them in fresh water for up to 15 minutes. I should notice and be able to ID anything that jumps off.
One problem is I mounted an SPS coral on the same rock. And there are some zoos on the same rock that I love. Bet you didn't see them, they blend right into the rockwork.

footbag

Heres the pic of the rock. At the top the colony is receeding. Below are the hitchiking hidden zoos and a single spekled yellow center.

yellowtail

i found like 4 or so 1/4 inch brown zoo eating nudi's.do you think i should do a few dip for my zoo's?i found them on my small frag and a small colony.if so could you instruct me on how to go about doing this dip?that would be greatly appreciated.
-brendon:)

montidanae

iodine dips are better, alot less strees ful on the corals, sorry dont know much along the lines of dips.
yellow, are you sure they arent flatworms?

footbag

Here are some more of my zoos. These are very cool looking and there are some blues up top that have a little space to spread.