Sundial Snails?

bigpete

I cant get a shot...but once again i am having trouble with the zoos! I have been finding tiny TINY white(they look like baby snails) all over my zoos. They are the size of a pinhead. I have been doing multiple freshwater dips in fear that they are sundial snails. Do sundial snails look like this when they are juviniles? thanks!
pete

fishyapol

hey pete now that you described it,, i see little white specs on the back of my tank.. at one time there were a few,, no they are disappearing slowly.. i only see them on the back wall of my tank.. i dont see them on any of my corals.... thanks for the heads up...

fishyapol

THOSE ARE THEM,,, is that a bad thing that i have them.. my tank is about 3 months old.. and my water parameters have been good... at least they are not sundail snails... but i still want to know why some of the heads of my yellow polyps are on the sand???

alohami

They are quite common in newer tanks, and nothing to worry about. They will die off in time, and you can scrape them off if you want.
I had them when my tank was new, but I never did anything with them. They just ended up disappearing on their own.

bigpete

they are def not that. they look like little white mites on my zoos. there is no way to get a good shot because they are so small. they have def reduced in number, but still worried. my zoos seem fine though.

alohami

Sorry bigpete, I guess I need to learn to use the quote function.

I was referring to the description of what fishyapol had in his tank.
I did a little research on juvenile sundial's, but I haven't come up anything. Wish I could help you more bigpete!

N

n_sarno

they are baby sundials.. i have the same thing.. almost white.. occasionally there will be little stripes on the shells.. Im fighting them to.. trying VERY hard 2 get rid of them all!

bigpete

they seem to be less and less everytime i turn the lights on at night. hopefully they will keep dissapearing.