Super Glue

lexluethar

Can you super glue under water? Two reasons:
1)the mushrooms i want to glue (they've attached to some of my subtrate so i'd be glueing the subtrate) shrivles up when taken out of the water, so glueing becomes a pain.
2)the rock i would like to glue it to is huge and is actually under a bunch of other rocks, so taking it out isn't realistic.

wangotango

I do it. Doesn't work as well out of the water but it can be done. It doesn't "spread" like it does in air, it just kinda makes a bubble so you'll have to spread it.
-Justin

lexluethar

Okay sweet. I've glued a few things out of the water, and it is a pain because the corals close and slim up when taken out of the water.
Thanks tango!

candycane

It solidifies about 4 billion times quicker underwater. I have tossed my pumice (however it's spelled) stone and started using that hand wash with walnut shells crushed up in it.

skytrack

Hey, could you please tell me what kind of glue that u use? I have a shromm that I would like to glue but have never done it before. Kinda new at this stuff. I have a 55g for about 1.5 years now. Can't tell you how many changes I have done to this tank, but finaly learning enough to get some where with it.

flricordia

Originally Posted by skytrack
http:///forum/post/2595530
Hey, could you please tell me what kind of glue that u use? I have a shromm that I would like to glue but have never done it before. Kinda new at this stuff. I have a 55g for about 1.5 years now. Can't tell you how many changes I have done to this tank, but finaly learning enough to get some where with it.
Super glue gel.