sustainability and responsibility

reelreefy

Unlike any other hobby, we are conservationists, By creating a reef tank, we pay respect and homage to the reefs of the world, and as reef lovers, it is our responsibility to maintain, preserve and honor the reefs from where we draw our inspiration.
How on earth do you justify this statement taken directly from your home page-when you offer fish for sale that have limited success in captivity.
I counted at least 10 fish that have incredibly high mortality rates in captivity.
I guess it sounds good but when it comes down to it-
Money talks
- everything else walks

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by reelreefy http:///forum/thread/383849/sustainability-and-responsibility#post_3359939
Unlike any other hobby, we are conservationists, By creating a reef tank, we pay respect and homage to the reefs of the world, and as reef lovers, it is our responsibility to maintain, preserve and honor the reefs from where we draw our inspiration.
How on earth do you justify this statement taken directly from your home page-when you offer fish for sale that have limited success in captivity.
I counted at least 10 fish that have incredibly high mortality rates in captivity.
I guess it sounds good but when it comes down to it-
Money talks
- everything else walks
Welcome to the site....But you really should think before you jump in like that.
Wow, are you going to get out of the hobby and stand on your principles? What if the fish offered are tank raised, wouldn’t it of been nicer to at least ASK if that were the case. The wild caught seahorses for example is damaging …so raising and promoting captive bred is the answer and a win win scenario.