swc skimmer

1guydude

i just purchased my 1st big skimmer yesterday! Its the swc 150....its not a cone though :(, does that matter? Should i have gotten the 160? Also any input or remarks about either skimmer are great and appreciated!

snakeblitz33

I'm looking at an SC150 for my tank. (note, I meant to say SC) it's a cone skimmer for $130 look it up. :).
I have heard great reviews from owners of swc skimmers.

1guydude

Im sure it will be a great product travler! I still havent recieved it. All iam waiting on is my plumbing to get done and my skimmer to arrive! Grrrr..... I may have to start it with out the skimmer at 1st. Which is no biggy cuz i got some rock for the fuge that needs to be cycled!

S

saxman

The SWC's are Canadian knock-offs of the Bubble Kings, or at least they were when they first came out. I've actually heard they're nice skimmers and work pretty well from someone who uses them.

1guydude

ya the bmk stands for bubble magnus killer! Im sure it'll be great....just tired of waiting for it! LOL.... im gonna email swc and see wats up! My tank is waiting for it pretty much!

al&burke

Quote:
Originally Posted by acrylic51 http:///t/389475/swc-skimmer#post_3445332
So Al....Your skimmer is pulling like that with the scrubber online......Hows the scrubber looking
It has been about two weeks since I emptied the collection cup, I have it set on very dry skim. The scrubber is looking pretty good not at full production yet though. I do feed alot - probably too much - corals like it.

snakeblitz33

If anyone is interested, I just took a pic of my scrubber. I cleaned the scrubber completely two days ago - on both sides.

I tell yah, once that hair algae takes hold - it grows quick! Especially with the right lights and flow rates.
Once I replaced the lights on my scrubber, all the algae in my tank has turned brown and died. Now I got a bunch of detritus left on my rocks. looks bad, but it's manageable. I guess I learned my lesson. lol.

snakeblitz33

lol, it will be four times as thick by weeks end.
I'm anxious to find out how well my skimmer performs with a scrubber on the same system.

meowzer

LOL...I was just showing Danny some pics of scrubbers........they look so easy haha...I need better pics though

reefraff

I'd be looking for deep discounts on SWC stuff seeing as how the company likely wont be around too much longer to stand behind the warranty, not that they did that good at job at it IME LOL!