breeze

i have an atlantic blue tang coming in today from this site
do i need to qt it???
i think i've read you dont have to with fish from this site

Originally Posted by breeze
i have an atlantic blue tang coming in today from this site
do i need to qt it???
i think i've read you dont have to with fish from this site
Uhm....yes you do. You should qt any fish you get.

saltn00b

i guess you are setting it up now, hopefully its a decent size for a large tang. keep an eye on the levels, it is going to cycle, so keep fresh SW on hand for WCs.

jtrzerocool

Originally Posted by saltn00b
i guess you are setting it up now, hopefully its a decent size for a large tang. keep an eye on the levels, it is going to cycle, so keep fresh SW on hand for WCs.
im just curious what size you recomend for QT...as i will be setting one up very soon...i am looking at about a 30g tank with mechanical filtration...

saltn00b

well, with anything else, the bigger the better. however most people cant afford the space for massive QT tanks. if you are only introducing small reef fish than the minimal 10g tank is good enough. if you are planning on QTing smaller tangs and such, than 30g and up is much better than a 10g obviously. i have a 29 T myself. a 30g is a nice sized QT IMO

florida joe

Originally Posted by jtrzerocool
im just curious what size you recomend for QT...as i will be setting one up very soon...i am looking at about a 30g tank with mechanical filtration...
in this case the bigger the better go with the biggest you can get by on your buget

jtrzerocool

Originally Posted by florida joe
in this case the bigger the better go with the biggest you can get by on your buget
im not really on a budget but i just have an old 30g lying around and collecting dust...so i think i am going to use it as a QT...

R

rcreations

For me it's more of a space issue so I have to do with a 10g. But I think that's big enough since the fish I want to keep are all smaller reef fish.