swfishy/mods...

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Well, if someone is so lame that they are going to create false user names to win a $20 credit, then perhaps we should take pity on them for being pathetic and give them the credit.

jerthunter

It does seem FISHY in some cases, and I wouldn't be suprised if some people have tried to or managed to cheat at this FUN contest, however, in the end I do not believe that these FEW people are swaying the votes enough to ruin the fun of the contest.
In the end one major reason I imagine that SWF.com has for this contest is to attract interest in this site and thus getting more customers. So new members, who join to participate in this contest, are probably thought of generally as welcomed new patrons atleast until there is reason to suspect that they are something else.

phelpz

Originally Posted by Beth
Well, if someone is so lame that they are going to create false user names to win a $20 credit, then perhaps we should take pity on them for being pathetic and give them the credit.

It is pretty sad. I guess they have nothing good going on in their lives they have to cheat at a message board contests. I guess it gives them some fulfillment in life.

limitedslip

Haha, wow, makes me feel dumb, SWF.com has nothing I need livestock wise, I dont feel like spending 100$ to save 20$. I am just wanting to have my photos posted lol. Am I the only one who is like this?

renogaw

actually, i just tried doing a fake order, and yes, you do have to do the 79 bucks, but then they deduct the credit at checkout. so i'm thinking you can get your order down to zero with enough credits.
btw, you can always give them my email addy for the credit if you don't want to use it

elitephoto

No they say you need to spend 99.00 before you can even use your credits according to the admin. Its stated in one of the sticky topics. so if you buy 120.00 worth of stuff and you have 60.00 credits.... 100.00 will come out of your pocket and 20.00 out of your credits. The other 40.00 can be used on another future order over 99.00

renogaw

go try it... i had $81 worth of live animals, and was able to apply the credit.
i didn't hit accept mind you so i don't know what happens after that screen