Swimming And Stuck In One Position !!!! Ughhhh, Hello !!!!!!!

convbmw

Hello All, ( this was edited, LOL, subject was supposed to be, Ughhhh, HELP) dont ask how it became Hello, LOL
I got 4 Amphiprion ocellaris, (False Percula), dripped them to acclimate. All is well as far as that goes, 3 days in the tank.
For some reason, they are all in one spot, in a school, on the bottom of my tank, near the sand just swimming and not roaming around. I know it might take a while for them to migrate to the anemones but why are they so stuck in one place ?? I feel bad for them because they don't even go anywhere to sleep. They just keep swimming in the opposite direction of the current.
Please help. I am afraid that their little fish muscles are going to get too tired

lexluethar

First off welcome to the boards.
Your fish are fine, clown fish tend to stay in one area rather than swimming around the tank. They DO NOT need an anemone in order to sleep or be heathly, they are perfectly content staying in one area - or calling a part of the sandbed or rockwork their 'home'. Fish for the most part swim their entire lives, when sleeping they still swim in one place, so to think they will get 'tired' is a little outlandish. They will be fine.
My worry is your anemones - you say you have more than one, how many do you have? What size tank? What lighting? Unless you have a 55+ gallon setup I would NOT RECOMMEND keeping more than one anemone in the tank. They tend to not play nice, and unless they are from the same clone will see eachother as a thread.
Not jumping the gun or anything, i just like to bring these points up now, because in a month when you repost asking what happen, it would probably be too late and most of your fish / inverts would pay the price.

R

rcreations

Yea, Clowns don't swim too far away from the spot they call home. As long as they're eating, they'll be fine.

convbmw

LexLuethar,
Thank you so much for your help. I was kinda being a dramatic dork when talking about the little fishy muscles, LOL. People like you are wonderful to help relative noobs like me.
Here are the specs
75 Gal tank
set up for over a year
200 lbs of live rock
pushing about 500 Gal per HR, ( soon to increase, getting new return pump, yay)
I updated and put pics of the anemones.
High PH= 8.0-8.2
Ammonia= .125
NO2= 0
NO3=.25
As long as the general feedback is that they will be ok, I am satisfied that all will be well. I know that the anemones are REALLY fickle. Lost one REALLY fast 6 months ago. This time, changed the adaptation technique and did the drip. LOL, hard way to learn a lesson.
I have forgotten how useful forums like this are. I am forever grateful and appreciate all of you and the knowledge you bring.
If anyone else wants to chime in, PLEASE do so
Thank you all

madaquaristsoc

first i would like to say what a beautiful aquarium, i might relocate one of your enemomes though, especially the yellow one, perhaps to a place more local to your clowns. I reciently took my 8 false perks from my 55 galon where they grew from babies, to my 125 gallon. They didn't have an enemone in the 55 so the bigger tank was like a huge change for them. I have two enemones also and they were checking it out the first day I introduced them. I observed that they have a pecking order like other species of animals, for instance the biggest one, the female is the leader, and all the others protect her. They sleep at the surface of the aquarium surrounding the female. In the day they go to either anemone. The smallest one swims singleularly and is some times picked on but thats instinct. I have moved around my yellow tipped anemone and now the carpet and the yellow tipped is on the sand bed. I have watched them carefully as i have my perks for behavior as they were growing and so i'm kind of familiar, and i'd say, be patient. If your anemone isn't lodged in your live rock, move him around a little and see if they notice. I did this and was successful. kimberly

(didn't have spell check, you should get the drift of what i'm saying right?)

1journeyman

A couple of concerns.
how long have you had the anemones? They look dyed.
please test your Ammonia again. Ammonia is very toxic. Any Ammonia in the tank needs to be dealt with immediately.

shrimpi

Originally Posted by convbmw
http:///forum/post/2510848
LexLuethar,
Thank you so much for your help. I was kinda being a dramatic dork when talking about the little fishy muscles, LOL. People like you are wonderful to help relative noobs like me.
Here are the specs
75 Gal tank
set up for over a year
200 lbs of live rock
pushing about 500 Gal per HR, ( soon to increase, getting new return pump, yay)
I updated and put pics of the anemones.
High PH= 8.0-8.2
Ammonia= .125
NO2= 0
NO3=.25
As long as the general feedback is that they will be ok, I am satisfied that all will be well. I know that the anemones are REALLY fickle. Lost one REALLY fast 6 months ago. This time, changed the adaptation technique and did the drip. LOL, hard way to learn a lesson.
I have forgotten how useful forums like this are. I am forever grateful and appreciate all of you and the knowledge you bring.
If anyone else wants to chime in, PLEASE do so
Thank you all
I hope they arent dyed because they are beautiful! but as 1journey said... I agree they are a bit 'vivid'.
Good Luck they look very nice.
Jess