Switched tanks yesterday.

mr . salty

Well it's done. I only really had a couple of problems.First one is really more of a dissapointment than a problem,I couldn't get the black background that I like,so I had to settle for dark blue. Not as nice as the black,When my lights are on you can actually see through it and the cords and the overflow drains are all visible.And the wood corner trim pieces I made dont fit this tank.It's taller by a couple inches. Oh,And when I took out the CC I put it outside with out thinking about it.A couple hours later I realised what I did and it was just about frozen.I am now hoping that I didnt kill all the bacteria and the tank will not cycle.I wish I could have gone with the sand though.Just couldn't get it here in time for the switch. I did leave the floor bare under the rock though so it will be easier to switch later. I did get a couple of things done that I have not been able to do though,#1- I was finally able to weigh the live rock,103lbs.And I got the killer psudochromis out of the tank.I also made a spray bar that goes accross the back of the tank at the bottom.At each end I put a small powerhead.This is now circulating a good amount of water up and through my live rock.This should eliminate any dead spots that I had back there.You cant even see it's there. Well,thats enough for now,So far everything is doing well. Mission accomplished.....

mr . salty

Really not much of a change to see.Other than the diferent background,and rearanged the rock. After sitting and looking at the new color,I guess it's not too bad.It does make the whole tank look brighter than it was with the black.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
To eliminate the "see-thru" effect of the background, you could put another background behind it...foil or thin stirofoam, etc. I am going to put a black background on my tank soon--on order at the LFS. Hopefully I'll like it. Since I have so much stuff haning on the backside of thank, I want to cover up the equiptment.

mr . salty

That's what I figure I will have to do.But the thing is that I don't feel that I should pay for it.You see mu LFS guy knows I like the black,And he knew I needed it for this tank but he didn't have enough in stock. So I was stuck,He talked me into the blue. I hope we can work something out here. Or maybe I'm just getting too picky.Overall I guess I'm happy with the color though. It is brighter than the black.