Swollen Finger, NOT LEATHER!

shawnts106

Yesterday I was cleaning out my aquarium, actually I was catching 4 tangs to put them in a quarentine tank because they suddenly developed a case of Black Spot ICH , so, I did so and caught them , well you can imagine what my reef tank looked like after this!... so I had to take all the rock out and arrange it in a new way.. so I did, now after that, which took about 3 to 4 hours! I had gotten everything cleaned up and I noticed that 3 of my fingers on my right hand *primary hand* were starting to swell... so I put some *STING EASE* on them thinking that I was stung by an anemone or a worm of some sort... well this morning I woke up and they are still swolen and a bit soar... I want to know what stung me!!!
Anybody have any clues? and What can I do about it?

nas19320

Is there a visible cut? There is a very nasty marine infection,Mycobacterium marinum also referred to as Fish-Handler's Disease, that can become quite serious if not treated. It also could be nothing more than a reaction to a bristle worm sting.

njreefer

Ive been tapped by my tangs with the razor point in front of the tail. It will swell your hand up for a couple of days

jenn-e

My fingers have gotten a little swollen from messing around in my tank like that. They weren't majorly swollen or anything. I could see little dots on them, i think it may have been from bristle worms. It was really aggrivating for a couple days, but in about a week it went away.

shawnts106

Thanks for all the help with the swelling thing, no I didnt get touched by the tangs, and no its not Fish handlers desease, or I do not have a cut either... I figured it out just a few hours ago!!!... While I was maintaining the Protien skimmer, there was a Fire Worm in the sponge, which I touched by accident of course and I felt a sharp prick... its the fire worms, I could see little white bristles in my finger... now the swelling is going down quite alot!!! so I should be fine, when I just got stung again today I put vineger on it IMMEDIATLY! that way it dissolves the um.. whatever they are called.. they tell you to do the same with jelly fish stings!
thanks anyway everyone... AND TO EVERYONE WHO JUST READ THIS MESSAGE.. I ADVISE YOU ALL TO WEAR GLOVES WHEN HANDLEING LIVEROCK!!!!! OR ANY OTHER AQUARIUM RELATED OBJECT!!!!!!